Gauhati Medical College and Hospital
Emergency and Casuality Services
24 Hours Open Tel: Tel: 0361-2139219 (Casualty Officer Room) / 0361-2139220 (Enquiry counter of Emergency Department)
The Emergency Department is a self contained emergency services unit like a mini hospital within the Gauhati Medical College & Hospital dedicated to the care of different types of emergency and critical cases. It extends its services for 24 hours a day.
The services have the following components:
- Reception and Registration Area: for Emergency Cases.
- Emergency Patient Examination Area: The whole SOPD area has been remodelled, furnished and provided with necessary infrastructure with rooms for senior doctors so that emergency patients can get the benefits of Specialists and Super- Specialists on arrival at the hospital.
- Minor and Major Operation Theatres: for minor and major emergency surgical procedures to be undertaken immediately.
- Emergency Ward: A fully equipped 30 bedded emergency ward with separate male, female and paediatric blocks for admitting emergency cases. Those patients requiring prolonged hospital stay are admitted and transferred to the respective wards.
- Emergency Diagnostic and Laboratory Facilities: modern laboratory and diagnostic facilities are available here.
- Anaesthesia Recovery Ward: It is a 6 bedded anaesthesia recovery and observation ward.
- Intensive Care Unit: with all modern facilities.
- Supportive System: like standby generator, air conditioning, internal telephones etc.
Published by Principal-cum-Chief Superintendent, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati-781032.
Tel: +91-2460014 / 2130236 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Designed by National Informatics Centre
, Assam State Centre,
Copyright © 2008 Gauhati Medical College | Disclaimer