Gauhati Medical College and Hospital
Gauhati Medical College Students' Union (GMCSU)
With a view to dedicate itself for the welfare of the students on a variety of issues like education, career, living, recreation and any other sort of emergent situation, the Gauhati Medical College Students Union (GMCSU) was first formed in 1961. By an election which is held every year, the General Body Members of the GMCSU elect an Executive Committee to serve for the interests of the students.
The present Executive Committee for the session 2004-05:
- President - Mr. Manash Jyoti Taw
- Vice-President - Mr. Homen Deka
- General Secretary - Mr. Pranjal Deori
- Asstt. General Secretary - Mr Kalpajit Dutta
- Editor, College Magazine - Mr. Samarjit Sakia
- Secy., Social Service - Mr. Ranjit Kr. Boro
- Secy., Debating & Literature - Mr. Dhurbajyoti Das
- Secy., Cultural Affairs - Mr. Mustak Ahmed
- Secy., Games & Sports - Mr. Aniruddha Deori
- Secy., Common Room - Mr. Nilanjan Choudhury
- Secy., Gymnasium -
- Treasurer - Mr. Rintu Marak
- Ladies Representative - Ms. Rituparna Chetia
- Representative, Clinical Class -
- Representative, Para-Clinical Class -
- Representative, Pre-Clinical Class -
Present Advisory Board
- Patron: Principal-cum-Chief Superintendent, Gauhati Medical College.
- Staff President: Prof. J.N. Sarmah, M.D.,Prof & HOD of Paediatric Department, Gauhati Medical College.
Besides its main activities for welfare of the students like education, career, living, recreation and any emergent situation, some other activities are:
- Holding of Freshers Social for the New-Comers.
- Celebration of Annual College Week for Sports and Cultural Activities.
- Celebration of College Anniversary each year on the 20th Sept., the foundation day of the Gauhati Medical College.
- Participation in various other tournaments held outside the Gauhati Medical College and participation in 'PULSE' which is the Asias Largest Medical College Festival held every year in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (A.I.I.M.S.), New Delhi.
- Publication of the Annual College Magazine, Wall Magazine and Felicitation of Eminent Personalities in the fields of Art, Culture or Literature.
- Holding of Annual Interclass Cricket Tournament.
- Holding of 'Late Dr. Jamuneswar Choudhury Memorial Inter-College Debating Competition'.
- Holding of Blood Donation Rally, Cleanliness Drives, Tree Plantation Drives, and Health Check up Camps.
- Holding of Inter College Cultural Competition Meet - 'SYNCHYSIS'
- Celebration of 'Saraswati Puja', the festival of worshipping the Goddess of Learning - Saraswati.
- GMC Students Union Room (near Emergency Deptt.)
- Social Service Centre (near Emergency Deptt.)
- Students Common Room (near Hospital Canteen)
- Gymnasium Room (near Hostel No.1, GMC)
Published by Principal-cum-Chief Superintendent, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati-781032.
Tel: +91-2460014 / 2130236 Email: email@example.com
Designed by National Informatics Centre
, Assam State Centre,
Copyright © 2008 Gauhati Medical College | Disclaimer